One of the special things about being on an island is that sense of removal from the hustle and bustle of mainland life. With water all around, the peace and quiet and breathtaking views can begin to work their magic! We’ve put together a selection of our most remote holiday cottages on the Isle of Mull. These cottages offer guests a sense of total privacy and solitude in the most stunning of scenery.
- Located in Mull’s south east corner, Portfield sleeps four people. The cottage is reached via a 4×4 only track and is entirely off grid, meaning a total break from the electronic age! If the splendid isolation wasn’t attractive enough, Portfield also has its own sandy beach located just below the house and backed by deciduous woodlands. Few remote holiday cottages have such idyllic scenes on their doorstep.
- Shepherd’s Light. Those seeking a holiday cottage that combines luxury with a truly peaceful and private setting will love Shepherd’s Light. Sleeping up to four people, this remote cottage on the Isle of Mull’s west coast combines all the comforts of a modern property with stunning views. There’s a great beach within easy walking distance too!
- Torr na Locha. With its pretty setting at Ardtun on the Ross of Mull, Torr na Locha offers total privacy in a most beautiful setting. Reached via a 4×4 track the house is set in a sheltered position with expansive views up Loch Scridain towards Mull’s highest point Ben More. The house sleeps up to eight people and retains the quirky character of this old croft building. It’s a really inspirational setting, making it another brilliant option for remote holiday cottages on Mull.
- The Bothy. Get a taste of the Isle of Mull’s most breathtaking scenery with a stay at The Bothy. Sleeping two, The Bothy is located at Laggan Farm in Lochbuie. The Bothy overlooks the beautiful Loch Buie, a large sea loch with a stunning wide sandy beach at Laggan. The views are just spectacular. Woodland, mountains, beaches, old castles, wildlife – it’s all here, and you could be too!
- Experience the solitude and beauty of one of Mull’s most majestic glens with a stay at Kilbeg Cottage. Kilbeg is accessed via a gravel track that heads up Glen Forsa; a glen of stunning river pools, high mountains and abundant wildlife. This beautifully kept cottage sleeps four people and sits within an enclosed garden. There is a nice bathing pool in the river just a short walk from the cottage.
These are just a few picks from our stunning remote holiday cottages throughout Mull. With over eighty properties in our handpicked portfolio, throughout the island, we are sure to have just what you are looking for. Just get in touch if you’d like any advice on where to stay.